Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Lost Months





During The Tour
S. Shawcross / 20 x 16 / Oil on canvas / SOLD

On The Way
S. Shawcross / 16 x 20 / Oil on canvas /

I've been painting off and on but certainly not as often as I wanted. My next exhibit I'm planning is "Faces of Chelsea". If you know of a good face in the area let me know. I live for character.
I have two paintings that were done on the side of the road while I was piggy-backing on the Artists in their Environment Tour, a most excellent venture. They are depictions of autumn in front of my house. A soft light of morning and the stark light of afternoon. In the first one (shown here as the second painting above) I had wanted to add a figure in the foreground to balance the picture but no one wanted me to... as if they wanted to wander unencumbered into the light at the curve of the road.

I sold the second one to a lovely couple newly arrived in Chelsea. The little baby in their knapsack is now a blond tousled little boy who runs with the other little wolves at the daycare. Time flashes. It does not trudge.

I'm painting a portrait of "Bicycle Man"... a local street person. His eyes captivate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment